Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

1.06.2010 9:27 AM 11 2009 Melanie
Sorry for the following post: It is New Year's after all.

Oh yipes. I knew it had to happen someday. I got on my Wii Fit and did a body test. I can't even tell you how sad I was afterward. I was preparing myself for a really terrible number, and it was six pounds more than what I was fearing. I have never in my life looked at this amount of weight and tried to figure out how to make it leave. It's a three year old. How do I get rid of enough weight that you could make another person out of it?

I am trying not to sink into thinking about how revolted I feel with myself. I knew that it was going to be ugly when I got on that scale. I'm devastated that I literally just let myself go for 14 months and now I have to try and make that all back, hopefully in half that time. I feel like someone who left for work with a spotless house and came back to find everything in it moved about five inches. It all looks about the same, it's familiar, but everything is in the wrong place. It's unsettling, and depressing to not recognize myself in the mirror, and yet to see attributes there that I once liked. Oh dear. Peter told me that he missed the way I used to look. Not even slightly upset. I miss it too.

Anyway, enough of the whining. I will not "diet". I know I can. I lost 17 pounds on South Beach just before my wedding. But it came back. And I'm nursing. I can't just cut out 85% of food groups (like fruit, for instance) and expect that Bella will be okay with that. Here's the plan, because it will make me feel better to see it on a list:

Steps to Looking Hot (or Respectable) by July 1st.

1.) Strap Bella into her carrier, and go for a walk every morning, weather permitting.
2.) No pop. Not one drop. Wine? One glass per week. No more.
3.) At least 30 minutes of exercise on my Wii Fit, five days a week.
4.) If Peter works until 9pm, he eats dinner ALONE.
5.) Every time I grocery shop, must have a healthy weekly meal plan, and 85% of my cart must be produce or protein. An easy way to remember: Don't shop in the middle of the grocery store. Stick to the edges.
6.) No food after dinner. No dessert anytime.
7.) Watch my carbs. Lots of protein, lots of fruit and veggies, and drink lots of water.

Seven steps seems like enough. I'm telling you right now, I'm going to have trouble not eating at night. I'm starving all the time because I'm nursing. I'll figure it out. Now, I've got to go slap on some sweats and take Bella for a walk. Wish me luck. I'll keep you posted. I'm not motivated enough to also make a new blog like Melissa. You're just going to have to hear about it here. Sorry.

5 Response to "Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear."

  1. Melanie Says:

    So far: walked a mile and a half with Bella in her carrier. Took just under 20 minutes, which is embarrassing. But it got my heart rate up and since she weighs about 13lbs, I'm trying to think that any progress is progress. We also went for a short walk last night, but I pushed her stoller, which is way easier.
    In good news, she seemed to really enjoy the walk, more reason to do it, and she stayed nice and warm.

  2. Melissa Says:

    Yay you! Isn't it nice that at least you aren't the only one with an uphill battle ahead of you. And my blog was a bit more procrastination than motivation. Lol.

  3. Melanie Says:

    It is nice that at least there's a few of us in this together. I'm tired, and now I'm off to make a stir fry, but alas, no noodles or rice for me. Or the really yummy sticky stir fry sauces. So basically I'm having chicken with a lot of veggies, and maybe a little soy sauce.

  4. Cindi Says:

    My advice to you, and I know it works because Trevor has lost about 40lbs in less than 6 months, is to eat like Bella! Small meals, multiple times per day. Trevor eats every 3 hours from 6am to 9pm. Also, he has a cheat night every Saturday from Supper time on. Supposedly the major influx of calories like that helps your metabolism some how. If you limit it to the same amount of calories everyday, it gets used to functioning like that and you plateau. Having the cheat night, helps you not to go insane and shocks your system. He can explain it much better than I can. Also, he eats lots of protein, but no salt and unnatural sugar. He eats lots of pineapple, but was told by his nutritionist that apples and oranges are out. They really aren't that good for you! He also can't eat corn and carrots as they are too high in sugar! I don't know if this will help you at all, but I know it's worked amazing for him! I wish I was able to be in on the weight loss train! I'm dreading next fall when I'm going to have to try and regain some sort of feminine figure!!

  5. Melanie Says:

    Robyn actually did that on her own. Strict diet for 6 days, one day of total gluttony.
    It worked really well for her, and it's easier to stay on track for the six days knowing that you can have whatever food you're craving in only a few days. Maybe I'll try that. Combined with some solid exercise, that would be fun.