Merry Christmas!

12.24.2009 3:01 PM 11 2009 Melanie
I did it! I completed Bella's blanket, and I'm actually pretty happy with the results! I made it bigger than I originally thought, but I'm glad it's something that hopefully she can use for a while. I hate receiving blankets because they're all so small, I really like the ones I made with Grandma and my mom, and the one Auntie Sue sent me for that reason. They're nice and big.

We wanted to not go crazy on toys for her this year, since really, she doesn't have a lot of hand-eye coordination quite yet, so we tried to do special gifts. There's a book, the blanket, a journal that I'm copying my some of my pregnancy posts in. Her daddy got her a beautiful framed photo of the two of them that we're going to hang in her room. Tonight I'm going to my mom and dad's, while Peter's working, and then coming home, moving our mattress into the living room, making some appies, and opening a bottle of wine and watching White Christmas with my two favorite people in all the world. And we'll all open our new Christmas jammies, even Bella. I'm so blessed this year. She's so perfect, and he's such a great daddy and husband. I don't care what's under the tree. I've already got everything in the world I want. Except a Kate Spade bag. I'll live.



Merry Christmas Everyone! I love you all.

3 Response to "Merry Christmas!"

  1. amanda Says:

    Merry Christmas!
    The afghan looks great and I'm sure that it will be very special to Bella as she grows up!

  2. Sue Says:

    Very nice blanket!
    I like your Christmas plans.
    Merry Christmas to you and you little family!

  3. Unknown Says:

    My goodness, it IS big! Great job! I'm so happy for you!