Carrie - Your Incoherence Has Nothing On Me

2.14.2011 11:19 PM 11 2009 Melanie
Well hello there blogger. I wonder if I have new font options along with my fancy new window here. Lemme see....nope. Same crap, prettier pile. Ah well. 

So it seems as though I have jumped back on the blogging wagon. I re-did Bella's Blog and I like it a lot. It's pretty cute. I'm not going to lie... I don't know why I use that phrase so much "Not gonna lie", it's not like I normally make a habit of it and need to specify, especially here, but I digress. I'm really not sure if I'm going to keep this blog layout. I like it, but after searching through thousands, and not being smart enough to make my own (besides, how much time would that waste?) this is where I ended up. Maybe I'll change it again soon. How simple can I go without it boring me to tears? That CAPS at the top is killing me though. Someone tell me how to fiddle with the HTML and get that CAPS the heck outta here.

This is going to be more than slightly incoherent; it's late and all I'm really thinking about is my new bedding. Peter and I (with some gift money from his family) got it for each other for our anniversary. Six years.  Anyway, I'll do pictures when I get my Balinese mosquito net up, and clean up all my laundry. Nobody wants to see pictures of my unmentionables. 

So here's our topic, after all of that. I am reading The Wheel of Time books. I hate fantasy. Except Lord of the Rings. And Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel. Oh that was a great book. Anyway, I'm not big into fantasy at all but I love these books! I'm on book six and I only started book one in about September. I'm averaging about a book a month, which for me is pretty lame, but they are nearly a thousand pages each and there has been a lot of stuff in the middle. Moving, Bali, two Thanksgivings, a Christmas, New Years and an anniversary. That should have had me another book ahead at least. I love how long the series is. I don't have to pace myself. I read when I want to and it just seems like there's an endless parade of books waiting to be read. I guess a lot of people who don't like the books quit around book four or five and I just don't get it. They're great. Perfect escapist fiction.....ohhhh bedding. Bath first? Sleepy time tea? It's so pretty in there I can hardly stand it. I can't wait to get in. You see? Who really cares what I'm talking about anyway? 


Wheel of Time. Right. Great books, and I like that I like them. I know, it barely makes sense and by now you're sitting here wondering why you're at the computer at all and wishing you were watching adorable cat videos on YouTube. I like that I like them. I hate that I like Facebook. I hate that I love cereal before bed. But I like that I like these books. I surprised myself, and honestly, that doesn't happen all that much. It's a side of me I didn't really know was there. I'm embracing my inner nerd, as it were and finding that she's kind of cool, in her own way. 


I think I just needed to put something on here that was recent. Carrie, why don't people love book four and five? What's the deal with that? Anyway, maybe I can shave my legs quickly while sitting on the side of the tub. My hair is still wet from my shower this morning. Seems silly to take a full bath, and waste all that water. Plus I may fall asleep in the tub and accidentally drown myself. And on that note....

3 Response to "Carrie - Your Incoherence Has Nothing On Me"

  1. Unknown Says:

    I love that you're reading Wheel of Time. It is pretty good, but gets a bit dragged out towards the end. I actually bought book 10 while we were in India.

    Anyhow, I was just thinking, I have the second half of the series, through book 11, on my shelf right now and I've been meaning to get rid of it. Do you want it? If it's not ridiculous to ship from the US to Canada I'm all for finding my books a better home :)

    -Beth

  2. Melanie Says:

    OOOH! Yes. I'd love it. Let me know what shipping is and I'll...wait, um. I will send you a Starbucks card in that amount! That'd work.

  3. Unknown Says:

    I don't know why people didn't like books 4 and 5! I think because there wasn't a lot of actiony action. Lol. If that makes any sense. I know that is when my dad stopped reading them. But I thought there was a lot of background info that will be important later on. I am so glad that you like them because I LOVE them.

    And I am so glad you are blogging again!