my dad can beat up your dad

5.27.2007 10:59 PM 11 2009 Melanie

Funnily enough, this the the feeling I get when I hear my new favorite worship song. You know when you hear a song that makes something in your chest kind of constrict and you just love it the moment you hear it? I love stuff like that. It feels like you're a part of something bigger, and something in you swells and almost makes you cry just because you can't find another way to put it. That's how this song makes me feel. I've heard it for the first time today, and I've downloaded it on iTunes, and listened to it over and over again. I love it. I don't recall the last time that I've felt proud to be a Christian when I'm worshiping. That sounds bad...I feel love for Jesus, I feel conviction, I feel adoration, I feel blessed and special. But this one made me feel...taller. I felt good that I believed in God. Not in a prideful, ha, I'm a Christian and that makes me great, but almost that way. It makes God sound manly and strong. Not just compassionate and loving and kind. He sounds tough in this song to me. Like Aslan in Narnia instead of "a rose trampled on the ground" He is tough. He's strong. I felt proud to know him when I worshiped to this, if that makes sense.

Here's the link.
Here's the lyrics:

Everyone needs compassion
A love that's never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
A kindness of a Savior
The hope of nations

Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

Shine your light and let the whole world see
Singing for the glory of the risen King

8 Response to "my dad can beat up your dad"

  1. Becky Says:

    I like it. Lots. Thanks Mel.

  2. John Says:

    That is a great song Mel. Thanks for putting it here.

  3. footsack Says:

    That is great. Love it. Thanks.

  4. Margaret Says:

    I just got speakers for my new computer. What a beautiful song. Thanks so much, Mel.

  5. Cindi Says:

    Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope it's a good one!

  6. Anonymous Says:

    wow, eight minutes after midnight. Thanks Cindi!!

  7. Kathy Says:

    Happy be-lated Birthday Melanie!! Wishing you all the best ;)

  8. Saffy Says:

    NEW BLOG WOOT