I Can't Believe I'm Doing This...

12.21.2009 11:19 PM 11 2009 Melanie

I'm going to read it. I watched the movie, and I hated it. I'm sorry, maybe that's too strong. Something in me did kind of twinge as I reminisced about being young and everything being that big a deal (like I'm so calm and stable now) but seriously, if I saw one more teen heartthrob shoot a moody look across a crowded room, forest, street of a quaint town, etc etc, I was going to stab myself in the leg. It was just over the top. But a lot of people who I know and love have read the books, and said they're great. That they're so so much better. People who have similar tastes as me have said that I would love them. And not 13 year old people.

So here I go. I'm not sure if I'll quit by tonight, but I'm going to give it a fair shot. Mostly because I'm too lazy to go to the library, pay my fines, and find something else to read so close to Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, I will put a Christmas-y post up here before the 25th. Likely of my blanket, taken with the new camera that Peter won for me at his Christmas party! I'm pleased with the blanket and plan to finish tomorrow. Gotta run, it's late and Bella needs to be medicated and snuggled to sleep. And I need to get some reading in. Wish me luck, I'm trying to keep an open mind.

9 Response to "I Can't Believe I'm Doing This..."

  1. Melissa Says:

    Yes. I also hated the movie (the first one, anyways.) But I love the books. As long as you can get past a few weird words and some awkward sentence structures, you should be fine. (Jonathan couldn't, he quit at page 7.)

    And remember: It's only brain candy.

  2. Melanie Says:

    up until 2:45am reading. Oh for heavens sake...

    :)

  3. Melissa Says:

    I hope you have New Moon. Because as soon as you're done Twilight you're going to want the next one like RIGHT NOW!

  4. Melanie Says:

    And done as of about 230 or so.

    Goodness sakes. Brain candy is the right word, and now I've got a headache, and wondering if I should go to my parents tonight to swipe the second book from my sister....maybe I should clean and wrap presents. Yes. MUST do these things. I can't afford another day of laying around in a bathrobe until 3pm. Not at this time of year.

  5. Becky Says:

    Oh man. There is NOTHING better than a book that you tear through at light speed because you can't put it down. Unless it's four books. I'm so jealous of you right now.

  6. Melanie Says:

    And we're 200 pages in on New Moon, while I finished my blanket, made dinner, and cleaned the living room. Maybe I'll sleep when I'm done reading.

  7. Anonymous Says:

    Hey Mel. I didn't like the first movie very much at all either, but I LOVE the books and have honestly read them all more than 10 times!!!! I'm glad you are enjoying the books....I sure do!!! The first time I read through them all, I finished it all in one weekend...I couldn't put the books down :) You will love the 4th book (it's my favorite)

    Tammy

  8. Anonymous Says:

    wow....I just realized I said books a lot. Oh dear...well it is 1:30am in the morning. sorry about that!

    Tammy

  9. Unknown Says:

    I told you! The books are better. It really is just cotton candy fluff, but... cotton candy is just SO GOOD.