Our little Luke

4.25.2006 9:48 AM 11 2009 Melanie
Here he is, my sweet little nephew. Lucas Isaac Adrian, seven pounds, nine ounces, and twenty and one half inches long. He's beautiful, and it was amazing to be with Robyn all day yesterday. We (mom and me) went to the hospital at about nine in the morning, when they induced her, and got to be with her right up until she began to push, when we waited ouside the door, and got to hear the rest, including his first cry. It was completely incredible. What an amazing miracle. Robyn is a wonderful little mother, and we're all completely enchanted with this little one.
I'm proud, for some reason, even though I didn't do anything but sit there and fidget. I was so nervous for her, but she handled it like a pro, and even the nurses were amazed at how well she did. I've never seen such an alert baby. He was about a half hour old when these were taken, but he was looking all over, and quiet as a little mouse while he was passed around. I'm going back to the hospital again today, and I'm sure more pictures will follow. I was so glad to be here when it happened, and to be able to be one of the first people to hold him, after the mom and dad, and the new grandparents. What a beautiful little blessing he is.

6 Response to "Our little Luke"

  1. Carol Says:

    Congrats to you and Peter, and all involved.

    Nice to be able to see pictures of him, and ofcourse be able to see him in person.

  2. amy Says:

    You're going to be a great Aunty to that sweet little boy. Congratulations to you!
    Enjoy your visit

  3. nadinebug Says:

    Hey congrats auntie Mel. Now it's practicing time for ya.....wow, can you believe your lit'l sis had a baby....pretty amaZing i'll say.
    Well have fun and spoil him rotten wit lotsa hugs and kisses...
    He is really to cute for words!!!

  4. Claudia Says:

    Congrats Auntie Mel and Uncle Peter!!

    I'm glad you guys were there when it happened!! I know you guys are going to be great aunite and uncle

    He is adorable!

  5. Unknown Says:

    Awww... wow!! That baby is going to have soo many loving people around him... Congrats on being an Auntie!! I am, too, but I never get to see my little nephew... All the way in Saskatchewan...

  6. Anonymous Says:

    Congratulations Auntie Mel.
    You and Peter look like naturals at this. hmmmm. He is a beautiful little guy and I can't wait to see him.
    Love you
    Auntie Sue