Redeemer

5.18.2006 9:50 AM 11 2009 Melanie
This is one of my all time, favorite songs. If you download music, get Nicole C. Mullen's "Redeemer" and listen to it as you scroll through this post. I love listening to this song when I'm driving through the mountains, or just sitting outside. It nearly always makes me cry. I've put the lyrics to some amazing pictures that I've found. It's all a little cheesy, but ah well.



"Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?


And who told the ocean, "You can only come this far"?


Who showed the moon where to hide till evening?

Whose words alone, can catch a falling star?


Well, I know my Redeemer lives.
I know my Redeemer lives.


All of creation testifies,
this life within me cries

I know my Redeemer lives.


The very same God that spins things in orbit


Runs to the weary, the worn and the weak


And the same gentle hands, that hold me when I'm broken,


They conquered death to bring me victory


Now I know, my Redeemer lives.
I know my Redeemer lives.


Let all creation testify,
let this life within me cry,


I know my Redeemer lives


To take away my shame


And He lives, forever I'll proclaim,
that the payment for my sin
was the precious life he gave


But now He's alive, and there's an empty grave


Now I know, my Redeemer lives
I know, my Redeemer lives


Let all creation testify,
let this life within me cry


I know, my Redeemer lives


8 Response to "Redeemer"

  1. Melanie Says:

    yippee. I really needed 10 points.

  2. Becky Says:

    Hokey Dinah that must have taken you forever to put together...

  3. footsack Says:

    Very nice pictures Mel. I'd give you 10 points for that for sure. It's so strange now that I can come on my computer anytime but it so wrong at the same time. That means that you are not here and I have to comment to you to talk to you. I won't even think about the fact that I won't be seeing you in 3 weeks after all. :(

  4. Melanie Says:

    This does indeed suck quite badly. I'm sad too. Especially when I see pictures of Luke. He's growing so much already, from the time he got home from the hospital to now. I miss my little squeaker. Tell him "auntie loves you!" for me.
    Becky, I haven't heard anyone say Hoeky Dinah in forever. Awesome. It didn't actually take too long. I'm an avid webshots user, if you can't tell.

  5. Unknown Says:

    Ah, Melanie, downloading graphics off the internet! Copyright infringement! I'm calling the FBI, the CIA, the RCMP, the LAPD, NATO, NASA and even YOUR MOM!! Ha ha...

    Anyway, really nice song, and the pictures are very suiting... :)

  6. Anonymous Says:

    wow, that IS super cheesy! i've always wondered what kind of strange people put those inspirational email forwards and flash things together.

    anyway, apart from the moment of "those people are my own flesh and blood" i just experienced, the song is quite great, and even the pictures are nice. i think.

  7. Anonymous Says:

    wow, that IS super cheesy! i've always wondered what kind of strange people put those inspirational email forwards and flash things together.

    anyway, apart from the moment of "those people are my own flesh and blood" i just experienced, the song is quite great, and even the pictures are nice. i think.

  8. Anonymous Says:

    oops.

    i thought i knew how to work one of these.