Fun with Naomi Jasmine

6.26.2006 1:34 PM 11 2009 Melanie
So I promised to post these forever ago, pictures of my little niece, Naomi Jasmine. She's turning four next month, and every time we see her, we have so much fun with her. She totally cracks me up and I love being Auntie Mellie to her. These were all taken a few months ago, when Peter and I took Naomi for night to give her mom and dad a "date night". Bath time was a good amount of fun.

She's definitely a bit of a princess sometimes, but is a good little girl, and very smart. It comes from being around too many adults, I think. The other day we were having cake and coffee over at Peter's parents house, and she stopped eating her cake and told her mom, "I don't want any more cake, it's making my tummy a little bloated". She lifted up her shirt so we could see and said, "mom, why do you give me so much sugar?" and wouldn't eat another bite. We all cracked up.

She's really smiley and very affectionate, and loves to see me and Peter cuddle or hug or kiss. We played "wedding" with her the other night, and I had to be the bride and Peter had to walk me down the aisle and kiss me at the end. She loves to sit on our laps, when we sit side by side watching a movie or something, and quietly makes us hold hands, or looks up at us and says, "kiss!" and we do, and she giggles and snuggles back in.

This was right before I hit a snarl in her hair that made her a little less than happy. Typical female. She loves her Uncle Petey desperately though, and is pretty happy to ham it up in front of a camera.

This is me trying to show her how to flex her muscles. It took a minute to catch on.

This is us threatening Uncle Petey with bodily harm if he didn't leave us to our bathtime. I look like a moron, but she's so cute I had to post this picture.
The other day, we were all again at Peter's parent's place, and she said to me. "Auntie Mellie, you're a parent, right?" "No honey," I told her, "Uncle Petey and I don't have any kids yet." She thought about this for a while, looking a little confused as to why that would be and said, "You don't know how? When I get married, I can teach you!" She's very generous.
A few days later, she asked again. "Why don't you have kids yet?" I told her that "Uncle Petey" and I would have kids soon but not yet, she had to wait a while. "But what if God sends you a baby now? I think he will." This last "prophecy" made my mom and sisters in law very happy.
She's a fun little kid, and though not very skilled in predicting the future yet, (she thinks everything, including a full term pregnancy takes "seven minutes") she makes me laugh every time I'm with her. Maybe we'll have to do another overnight outing again with her. She's fun to spoil and play with and teach things and wrestle with. We love her to pieces.

3 Response to "Fun with Naomi Jasmine"

  1. footsack Says:

    I love those pictures. How come I have seen them before..and where? Anyway she is adorable and I am glad that you love being an auntie. Maybe soon you can post pictures of Auntie Mellie with Luke...wouldn't that be fun.

  2. Carol Says:

    Greta to hear you have had such a great time with her. I am sure she adores you just as much you you adore her.

  3. Unknown Says:

    She sounds like a sweet little girl. I love how innocent kids are, and how simple they think everything is. Seven minutes seems like a long time when you're little.