Another Brilliant Site For Your Amusement

9.10.2006 10:26 PM 11 2009 Melanie

You have to see this site, especially if you've ever been to Asia, or ever tried to understand an Asian speaking English, while politely nodding and not getting a word. Most of it is from Japan, and it's just hillarious the way people have managed to misunderstand the English language. Cut them a little slack, they say it's the hardest language to learn. One quick thing you should know is that in Japanese, a letter L, D, or R are all kind of interchangable. They don't say L very well at all, for example a Japanese person can't say my name, they call me Meranie (may'-ra-nee). They can't say the word rural at all, it's horrible to make them try (hey, I can barely say it). Anyway, here's some pictures to make you laugh, and another gloriously funny way to kill some time at work, at home, whatever. I laughed my butt off (nope, not that lucky, I just checked, still there), but I did just spend the last hour killing myself laughing, and think you might too.
The site is www.engrish.com






I love this last one, I couldn't stop laughing... brilliant. I love Japan.

8 Response to "Another Brilliant Site For Your Amusement"

  1. Trav Says:

    i've know about engrish for quite a while... they have some hilarious stuff... i also really liked the last one... seriously

  2. Carol Says:

    Those are pretty funny. I will go later to the site. I love those kinds of things, where they twist the words a bit and come up with something completely different.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    That is hilarious. I will be sure to bookmark that site. See you soon!! Yeah!!!
    Mom

  4. Unknown Says:

    HA!! I think I got that site from your dad or something. There was this one that I found, something about grammar. I laughed so hard. I even put it as the background on my computer for the longest time. I'll have to find it. Holy crap, did I laugh.

  5. Unknown Says:

    Here's the link to it. My personal favorite.

    Click!

  6. Carol Says:

    I went to the site after, and the pictures are totally hilarious. I think that what makes them funnier is the comment the guy adds to some of them.

    And just so everyone knows, I never ever "smork" in bed. LOL

  7. Anonymous Says:

    I loved that one too. Help help!! I'm having a grammar crisis!! I can't identify the verb in this sentance! For the love of all good things HELP!!!
    Laughed like crazy.

  8. arimich Says:

    I love that site, and I have the fun of seeing Engrish everywhere here. :) Actually, Taiwan is pretty good; we don't get a lot of messed up English to laugh over.

    *Is your first pic from Japan? It's written in Chinese,I think.