Hanging in There

1.30.2007 11:39 AM 11 2009 Melanie
So things have been a little crazy lately. I tried to find a funny picture that describes how I'm feeling lately, and this was it. Poor little guy. He looks so confused.
Yesterday I had my 5th job interview. This time it was for the Coastal Community Credit Union. It was a nice jump from the last one, a dishwasher at a local bakery (yep, that's what that guy reccommended me for - thanks pal). I went downtown, walked into this spiffy office, met their human resources lady (lovely woman) and had an hour and a half interview. Yipes. I'd start as a teller (ahem, Member Service Representative) and could move up from there. The pay is great and you get full and extended benefits after only 90 days. This would be brilliant, and I'm supposed to hear back from them today or tomorrow.
However, the twist is that I've just been offered a job at Home Outfitters. I'd like the work itself, and the people there were fantastic, but the pay is minimum wage, and the hours are not exactly what I'd love. I'd do it, and be happy with it, if it was necessary, but I'd way rather have the bank job. I guess we'll see. The lovely woman from yesterday told me that I had a pretty good shot if my references checked out. They will. I'll keep you posted on how this all goes. Thanks to everyone who's been praying, I really appreciate it. The best news of today is that I have a job. Maybe not the one I'd love, but I have the security of knowing that Peter and I will be able to pay rent next month. Awesome.

4 Response to "Hanging in There"

  1. Sue Says:

    Good luck Melanie. I hope you get the Bank job. I do believe that God has the perfect job for you. Sometimes the path we have to take to get to the best is a little confusing. Love you.

  2. Margaret Says:

    Hang in there, Ma\elanie. I will pray that you get the bank job. Does this make you sound a little illegal? You getting the "bank job". :-) Keep us posted.

  3. Toad Says:

    good luck with the jobs. i know how stressful it can be trying to make sure that you have a place to live. ahhhhh. the memories. i on the other hand welcome the stress. i don't eat when i'm stressed. its a great diet and also saves money when trying to pay rent. double bonus!!!!!!!

  4. Carlie Says:

    I hope that you get the job you want :) i cannot wait till september!!