In a Nutshell

1.10.2007 10:06 AM 11 2009 Melanie
Hey everyone. I know it's lame that I haven't blogged in so long. Becky is putting me to shame. I was waiting for some pictures, but now that I think of it, Peter and I didn't take any at our Christmas - only really at the family Christmas, and most of those are of Luke.
Our Christmas in a nutshell (or maybe just because I love using point form, it looks so organized).

~Christmas Eve - Peter and Melanie go to the grocery store and pick up some yummy goodies and make a nice dinner of little snacks. They open
their Christmas Eve gift to each other (p.j's) and get into them and sit on the couch and watch "It's a Wonderful Life". Melanie has never before seen this, and she cries her eyes out, through most of it.
~Christmas Day - Peter and Melanie sleep in and have to rush a little in opening their gifts to each other, in order to be at the family Christmas on time. Peter gets a snowboard from his amazing wife. He's as happy with it as she thought he would be. Melanie gets some pretty earrings, a dress she'd been wanting, a spa gift certificate (her mom got one too so they can go together), a bunch of bath stuff from Lush and some games for her Nintendo DS that her mom and dad got her. They also bought her some tall black boots, hooker boots, if you will. She doesn't care what they're called, they're pretty. They spend the day at her parents place, playing Settlers of Catan and eating.
~New Years Eve - Peter and Melanie go to the ferry to pick up Melanie's old friend Raeleen and her husband Mark. They spend the evening at Melanie and Peter's house eating snacks and watching a movie and playing games. They have a wonderful time together and the boys get along great while the girls catch up on the last five years. (Yes, it had really been that long)
~New Years Day - All go to Moxie's for lunch. There is much talk of slaughtering buffalo, and a heated debate on whether women should deliver babies naturally, or go for the drugs straight away. (Seriously?!) Melanie and Peter drop their friends off at the ferry with promises to visit a lot more soon.

So folks, that's about it. There was a very funny date night between Christmas and New Years that Peter and I had, which I will post more about later. Hope you're all having a wonderful new year.

6 Response to "In a Nutshell"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I VOTE FOR THE DRUGS!!!! (never been one for pain)
    robyn

  2. Sue Says:

    Sounds like you had a great time. Robyn I vote for the drugs too having done it the very painful way. Enjoy your trip to the spa Mel.

  3. Becky Says:

    It's about time. Sheesh.

  4. Cindi Says:

    I'm all for the drugs. As Trevor would say, "You wouldn't get a root canal without pain medication." The way I figure it, I'd much rather enjoy the whole experience than just the end product.

  5. footsack Says:

    I can't beleive that was your description of Christmas since you are always so anal about details. I could have said more than that.

  6. Unknown Says:

    Sounds good. Nice to hear that you got your DS. I didn't get one, but I got an iPod, which is really more useful. So I'm set.