My Christmas List

11.30.2006 10:10 PM 11 2009 Melanie

As promised, here's what I'm asking for this year: A Nintendo DS Lite. Call me a four year old, but I went into Future Shop with Peter the other day looking for gift ideas for him, and started playing this baby, and I'm hooked. I need it. I love it. I played the New Super Mario Bros. which I thought was so cool and just like the very first one, none of this 3D crap. I'm a Nintendo lover from the start, and got an N64 last year, which I still play all the time.

Also, I found a dress whilst Christmas shopping today which I love, and hope to get. I want a cable knit sweater. I know I'm getting some type of pyjamas for Christmas Eve (our new tradition) so that'll be great. Books and bath stuff are usually a Christmas staple for me, especially for those people who don't know me as well, they're always a great go-to. Peter, lucky for me, has wonderful taste, and I've never had to be one of those women who end up saying, "Oh, honey...you shouldn't have. Really." I knew a woman who got hiking boots for her first anniversary. For me, good idea. Unfortunately, she was an indoors, "my idea of a vacation involves a five star hotel" kinda gal. So yeah, not too worried about my gifts, and honestly, though it's hokey, I really like giving them better than getting them.

For example, nothing on my Christmas list excites me half as much as what I'm getting for Peter this year. I'm nearly busting at the seams. I may borrow a video camera to tape him while he gets it. I can't say what it is, in case he sees it or someone lets it slip, but I promise to post some good Christmas pictures later.

Also, tomorrow morning I'm heading to my mom's house to bake Christmas cookies with her and Robyn all day, before the boys get back and we all decorate the tree. This paints a much more traditional picture than what will actually transpire. I will inevitably screw up whatever batch of cookies my mom leaves in my care, no matter how easy the recipe, or how closely I follow along. I will end up feeling like less of a proper wife and woman because of this, however will be greatly cheered by Robyn being silly all day and much laughing that always goes on whenever Robyn, Mom and I get together. We'll decorate their tree and eat a few of the good cookies (mine will be thrown out or hidden in the back of the freezer) and I'll get to play with Baby Lu. Should be a good day. Saturday, Peter and I are ambitiously hoping to finish our Christmas shopping, and set up our own tree that night.

I love, I love, I love Christmas.

8 Response to "My Christmas List"

  1. Carol Says:

    There is nothging like getting ready for Christmas. I am hoping this year to be more in the Christmas spirit.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    hey - Peter blogged again. Take a look, there's a lot of pictures.

  3. footsack Says:

    Sorry the day didn't turn out quite that way. My stove does work. You have to turn it to broil. Go figure! And I still can't find my Christmas decorations.

  4. Unknown Says:

    Nice!! I also love my SNES, and that I've also played the DS, and it's so much fun. Maybe that's what I should ask for... goodness, my parents are bugging me for a Christmas list, how sad is that? This Wednesday, Carlie and I are going to bake some fun Christmas tree cookies with a recipe from a magazine she found. Should be fun! :D

  5. Kathy Says:

    Your blog made me so sad...I'm not even going to be around for Christmas...no shopping or decorating the tree or baking cookies with everyone...I guess I have people out here to hang out with...but I really miss being around the family...it feels like I have not really connected with anyone upisland in a long time...Hope you get everything you want this year Mel! Especailly the DS :)

  6. John Says:

    Melanie when I read your posts and picture you with children grown, I see you doing the whole family thing together. Going out and chopping your own tree, maybe going skiing, coming home to a roaring fire and hot chocolate with just a little rum for the grown-ups. Your house will be completely decorated, and all your Christmas backing done well ahead of time. Maybe you'll roast some chestnuts by the fire and everyone will gather around the piano that one of your children will play like Glenn Gould, and you will all sing Carols. Are you that kind of girl or am I completely wrong. Somehow you remind me of the traditional country Christmas type of girl. I also think you are pretty cool and am glad your my niece.

  7. Anonymous Says:

    That is me to a tee. Except that I can't bake whatsoever. I'm terrible at it. I just bought some Pillsbury sugar cookies today, as those I don't screw up too badly.
    I think you're cool too, and am glad you're my uncle.

  8. Becky Says:

    You wanna know what I think? I think it's time we had a new post.