The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

3.31.2007 12:56 PM 11 2009 Melanie

I can't believe it. It's here (at least for those of us lucky enough to live on Vancouver Island). Camping season. Next weekend, because it's Easter, I get a four day weekend and we're grabbing our tent and getting out of here. The weather is supposed to be beautiful and hot (20 degrees!) and I'm thinking Saltspring. There's a great campsite where you can camp next to the ocean, and if it does get rainy, you can always head to a coffee shop, or spend Saturday browsing a farmers market. We can go hiking in one of a million places, and just hang out for a few days. I adore Saltspring, it's one of the coolest places in BC.
Depending on when the family has easter dinner (I heard Monday night) then we'll hang out from Thursday evening until Monday afternoon. I'm thrilled. It's about time. The rain has been starting to get to us, especially Peter, and it's time we took a few days away from it all to just enjoy all the reasons why we love BC. We're praying for good weather, but I'm pretty set on going no matter what. It snowed on us last year in WY and we didn't pack up, and had a great time. Plus it's early enough in the year that no fire bans have set in yet! I cant wait. This is by far, my favorite thing to do with my darling husband and I'm so glad that spring is finally here!

6 Response to "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"

  1. Kathy Says:

    Nice! I envy your long weekend. I might be able to come upisland for Sunday, that's the only day I have off. So maybe I'll see you, maybe I won't, whatever the case have fun camping! Luv ya ;)

  2. Unknown Says:

    Oh! That sounds like a great time, I hope that you have fun! :D Maybe Kyle and I will have to check out that campsite one of these times. He loves camping, and I like it, too. We want to do more camping. You'll have to tell me how to get there. I've never even been to Saltspring, so that would be exciting.

  3. Carol Says:

    I like camping too. But we haven't done a lot of it lately. More due to the fact that we no longer have a tent, and we sold our travel trailer when we moved here. :(

  4. Anonymous Says:

    This seems like such a stupid trite blog in the face of what Uncle John is going through. I wrote it hoping it would take my mind off that whole situation, but now I just feel like a jerk.
    Argh.

  5. Sue Says:

    I know how you feel Mel. My reno's don't seem very important right now either. All of a sudden life takes on a whole new perspective.

  6. footsack Says:

    I know things aren't easy right now but I hope you and Peter get to go camping anyway. I would love for you to be here at Easter but you will be here before and after so go camping if you can :) :)