Day Three: A Song That Makes You Happy

3.26.2011 3:30 PM 11 2009 Melanie
I'm trying not to be embarrassed right now, I really am. I'm wondering if I should save this one for the "guilty pleasure" song that I see down the list. Whatever. Now that I've seen the video, I know it has to go here.

Day Three: Happy Song
June Afternoon
Roxette

Best part of the song? Listen to them say squirrels. Oh man. The video, not going to lie, you may have to be on acid to enjoy. Except the clown with the lightbulbs on his head. He's creepy as all get out and I think you might die of fright if you looked at him without being in your right mind. And the naked people with the body paint. Oh man. Happy. And a little embarrassed, but mostly, just happy happy.

I remember this one summer before everything went squirrely with my dad and all that (sorry - couldn't help it) and we'd just bought that house with the pool and everything was great. Our friends were over that summer ALL the time and Shawn and I bought the Roxette greatest hits album and listened to it while we helped my mom paint. Maybe the paint fumes contributed. It was just a fantastic summer. Why is summer music better than any other music? Anyone?

Anyway, if that's my happy song, I'm sure you can't wait to see what my guilty pleasure song is. I'm a wild and strange mix in music taste, as evidenced.
 

1 Response to "Day Three: A Song That Makes You Happy"

  1. Unknown Says:

    Squeerils. Haha. The guy in the bathtub of baked beans grossed me out. But even more than the lightbulb head clown, the mannequins gave me the creeps. There's just something about mannequins. But I want that house that they were in. There was grass on one of the floors, and all of the rooms were so wonderful. I don't have much to say about the actual song, there was so much going on in the video. Something about green tambourines?