Ooh! Blog Challenge! Day One.

3.24.2011 1:54 PM 11 2009 Melanie
I will have to thank Auntie Chris for this one, since I haven't been on Facebook, and wouldn't have known otherwise. I like the idea and lets face it, my blog has been a little on the serious/ranting side, so I'm going to take part. And I missed NaBloPoMo last year, so I'm in. Carrie!! You should do this! It would be a great way for me to get new music. And Trav. Why doesn't everyone blog anymore. I loved it so much more than Facebook. Ah well. Here we go:
Day One: Favorite Song
Falling Slowly
From the Motion Picture Soundtrack 'Once'
Glen Hansard / Marketa Irglova


Oh, I love it so very much. I could never pick an all-time favorite, but this is my favorite lately. I wish I could find you the video where they performed it at the Oscars but I think they keep a pretty close watch on those videos, since they're copyrighted. I'd never heard it before then and it was one of those songs that I just knew I'd love forever. I recently re-found it and it just warms my heart. For whatever reason it speaks to me right now, and often makes me cry a little when I hear it. Peter just learned how to play it on the guitar for me, and it's nice to hear his voice singing it too.

4 Response to "Ooh! Blog Challenge! Day One."

  1. Unknown Says:

    I see you noticed that I am doing this already!

    Ohhhh, I have heard this song, maybe once, but I never remembered any of the words or singers or anything. I am so glad you posted it. I love that man's accent, it is so perfect for the song. I love that Peter learned it. :)

    Can I tell you something I don't think I ever told you? I remember when we were about 15 and I was sleeping over with you and Kathy in the big house, and you talked about how you wanted to have a guy who would play guitar and sing for you. Then, at your wedding, when Peter got out that guitar and he played that song he wrote for you... I just blew apart with happiness for you. I bawled, thinking "She has the perfect guy for her!" Tell Peter he is seriously awesome. Seriously.

    Okay, now if you like the man playing guitar, woman playing piano and they both sing, check out Ellery. She does more of the singing, and he usually accompanies, but they have a couple songs I just adore. Here's one of my favorites:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2dCP975ek0&feature=related

  2. Unknown Says:

    My favorite line in that song: "But it only takes a word / To make you shudder in your soul". And the way she sings "soul"...

  3. Melanie Says:

    That is true: I've always wanted to marry a musician. I'm happy I did.

    I will check out the link. See? I knew this was a good idea.

  4. Trav Says:

    i am doing this on facebook actually moni. i believe i was the one who got everyone else started lol. i just don't really have the drive to keep my blog up and running. social media in all it's forms just doesn't really drive me the way it used to. be it facebook or blogging, and since it's incredibly more convienet/easier to post stuff like this on facebook, i'll probably just keep it going there... sorry.