17 down, 13 to go

11.17.2009 11:45 PM 11 2009 Melanie
My clippies came today. I was going to lay them all out and show them off in a picture, and do another one of Bella wearing one, which looks so adorable on her it could nearly make you cry. I was going to. Then we gave her her medicine a little later in the day, and now it's 11:46 and she's acting stoned. Poor angel. She's jumping from sleeping to wide awake and smiling, to crying and squirming in mere moments. It's psychotic. It would actually be a little bit hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

In other news, Peter is going to Denver in a couple of weeks, for a ski weekend to meet his sister Katie's new beau. He's an Australian surfer/pharmacist who is also a missionary in an orphanage in Bali. He's raising 12 little orphan boys. He is, shall we say, very easy to look at. Even Peter will admit this. His resume reads pretty well, and so we have high hopes, which is why Peter's going to check him out. I'm praying for a destination wedding in Bali. On the beach. I could really do Bali right now.

NOTE: Please stop reading here, if a moment of my selfishness will make me lose any sort of regard you may hold me in.

I want to go too. It's something we would have done before Bella. Something together. Now he's going and I'm staying home with the baby. It's not like she can snowboard. It would be stupid to go and sit in the lodge for a day. It would upset her. She doesn't have a passport. We can't afford it. I'm afraid of all the germs involved in traveling.

Still. I'm going to my mother's for three days, and he's going to Aspen. Next year things would have been different, but he needs to go and be a big brother, and I would have just been an extra anyways, baby or no. I'm really glad he gets to go. He could use to go blow off a little steam in the mountains. He's meeting friends of ours I haven't seen in a year. I would love to see them. We're still going in the spring, and I'll see them then. Still. Nanoose vs Aspen.

It's the getting on a plane and going somewhere I think. That's all it is. I just want to get on a plane and go somewhere. Maybe Bali for a wedding. One can only hope. If this works out, and Peter and the rest of the family approve, and there's a wedding, I will be very happy I sent Peter to Aspen for the weekend. I'm happy anyways...oh blast, I don't know. I just wish I could go somewhere, and I so love Denver. I'm being such a big stupid baby about this, it's actually nauseating to me.

Stoner baby has started to cry. I better go in there before she starts laughing hysterically. Crazy baby. Stupid medicine. Lucky Peter.

4 Response to "17 down, 13 to go"

  1. Margaret Says:

    Poor Melanie. I don't think you are being selfish at all. I wish you could go. Grandma agrees.

  2. Becky Says:

    Feel ya.

  3. Unknown Says:

    Hey! Does Katie's new "friend" have a nice Australian friend for Robyn? LOL

    I wonder if she sees these.

  4. Unknown Says:

    As for being selfish... you're not. I wanna go, too.