Saved

11.19.2009 1:35 PM 11 2009 Melanie
The craziest thing just happened to me. Maybe much more miraculous than crazy.

I was driving with Bella to my mom's place, and if you're from BC I was between Lantzville and Nanoose, in the left lane. Not because I was going desperately quickly but because I had been at a red light and just sort of ended up there.
If you're not from BC, all you need to know is that I was on a curvy sort of highway and though it's divided, it's divided with a huge cement median. Which is about 12 inches away from your lane. It's super close.

Anyway, I'm driving along, not going slowly, but not really zooming either, since it's pouring rain again. Some stupid 18 wheeler comes up beside me and I get a little nervous, because the other night someone cut me off in the rain and kicked up enough water on my windshield that I was blind for a few seconds, even with my wipers on high. I was terrified of this happening with the semi, especially since I was right next to that huge cement median. He wasn't going much faster than me, so I sped up to get around him. He sped up. All of a sudden I looked down and I was going 110 and he still wasn't letting me by. He had me pinned and there was traffic behind us, so I tapped my brake to slow down to get behind him, and as I did I hit a puddle and started to hydroplane. I swear to you, I felt us heading toward that median, and then all of a sudden we were sliding the other way, toward that stupid semi's wheels. I yelled and I knew we were going under him, I could feel us and I couldn't steer. Out of nowhere, it's like we were bumped and we were still sliding but we were going in a completely straight line. I bet we slid 40-50 feet like this and then I tapped my brake and it held and I got behind him.

I do not know how we didn't die today. Or rather, I do know, and I'm amazed and shaken up. I felt the car being bumped back into place. Oh thank God we're okay. And she didn't even wake up. And now she's starving. Gotta run. Just thought you may want to hear a good miracle story.

7 Response to "Saved"

  1. Sue Says:

    WOW!!! I am so happy that you are both OK. That sounds very scary!

    And might I add STUPID SEMI DRIVER!!!!!

  2. Cindi Says:

    I agree with everything my mom said!

  3. Unknown Says:

    Goodness sakes, that's terrifying! I got so nervous just reading this! I would have cried. I'm so glad you guys are okay!!

  4. Melanie Says:

    By the time I got to mom's I was crying so hard I couldn't tell Robyn what had happened until I calmed down.

  5. footsack Says:

    I am very happy and relieved that you are both ok.
    See you in the morning:)

  6. Christine Says:

    Wow! That is amazing! I am thanking God right now. Please be careful around those crazy trucks. Don't go for speed. Reduce you speed and get behind them. They think they own the road. You should have seen what they were like on Mt. Robson. They literally pushed one car off the road when they were passing in the slush. We could not see anything but somehow managed not to hurtle down the mountain.

  7. Margaret Says:

    This reminds me of Carrie Underwood's song "Jesus Take The Wheel". Praise God!