My Favorite Things

11.21.2009 10:26 AM 11 2009 Melanie
I'm going to do this in the morning, and hopefully save you another super lame post.

Do you know what I love more than most things? Store credit. It makes me exceedingly happy. My work friends threw a baby shower for me and my friend Tiffany the other night (who had the cutest set of red haired twins you've ever looked at, a boy and a girl!) and I got so much stuff! Seriously, if you've sent me a baby gift, I'm ever so grateful, and you'll get a thank-you card as soon as I can write about a hundred of them. I'm working on it, and I also have Christmas cards! Oh yipes, I'm starting to stress out.

Anyway, back to the store credit. I got a couple of things that I actually have doubles of (that's how many gifts we keep getting, we're starting to double up) and so I get to take some back today. I have a beautiful sweater and jeans for the Children's Place, and a matching hat and slippers from Baby Mexx and a gift card for Babies r Us. And the mall is all decorated for Christmas, and Santa will be there. One weekend soon, we need to take Bella for her Santa pictures. I want one of these more than I am afraid of the germs. Hopefully I won't offend Santa if I sanitize my baby right after they're done with their photo.

While I am gone, Peter said he'd put up our Christmas lights. There are two houses on our cul-de-sac that already have them up. Everyone decorated for Halloween as well. I can tell this is going to be a fun place to live. Loads of kids. And cats that poop in my yard, but that's a post for another day. Anyway, Peter offering to put up the lights is a really sweet way of saying he'd rather do hard labor outside in the rain than go shopping with me. Oh well. He's too much of a voice of reason in the baby section anyways. Who needs it? Maybe I'll call my friend Joy and have her come with me, and her husband can help with the lights. They need to come and pick up their Bailey's anyway.

I can't tell you how excited I am for Bella's first Christmas. Can. Not. Wait. I also bought her a little gingerbread house kit, that I plan to decorate exclusively in pink candies. Stop rolling your eyes - it's going to look so stinking cute! With a little sign in the yard that says "Bella's House". I'll post a photo. For thinking the entire time I was pregnant, that I was having a boy, I am absolutely in love with having a daughter. I love all things pink and girlie and frilly. Okay, time to get in some Mario before I have to go the the mall! YAY for Christmas and weekends! Do you think Peter would allow a couple of pink Christmas lights with our white icicle ones? Pink is the new red and green folks. It totally is.

5 Response to "My Favorite Things"

  1. Cindi Says:

    I love all your pink Christmas plans! I totally understand how you feel too! All the pink planning I had done is completely forgotten! I'm loving all the blue! And Tristan's present from us this year??? A big Tonka dump truck!!

  2. Unknown Says:

    Okay, I'm not even a big fan of pink (I'm starting to come around, though), but I think every little girl should be nearly drowning in pink. Pink is synonymous with little girls. So I'm excited for the gingerbread house pictures, and I think pink Christmas lights sound just dandy.

  3. Kathy Says:

    Your place sounds so inviting! I want to drink hot chocolate and play on a Wii. I've actually never even tried using a wii yet. I'm sure I'll get a chance sometime soon. Even my grandparents have played on a wii. I'm a little behind on the times.

    The pink gingerbread house sounds like fun! I hope your house turns out beautifully!!

  4. Trav Says:

    ok... how absolutely awesome would it be (just for fun of course) to have a picture of bella with santa, and santa wearing a mask lol... like one of the masks at the hospital... and of course, you should still take a nice picture with santa as well. i just think it would be a riot to have the mask picture.

  5. Anonymous Says:

    I saw this christmas set and it was black and white....I really want it. For my first christmas with Lucas, everything was blue. I think a babies first christmas it's ok to do things a little different.