You know what else is stupid? Baby Mexx.

11.22.2009 2:29 PM 11 2009 Melanie
I mean, where do they get off? Stupid store. They should be housed in a corner of Stupidstore, except their prices are too high.

So by now you've realized you're about to read a ranting post. I went to the mall all excited yesterday with all my store credit everywhere. I had to go to the Children's Place, Babies R Us, and Baby Mexx. I never shop at the regular Mexx simply because I am not that trendy, and do not need to be constantly outfitted in linen. Do they even sell jeans? Anyway. I went to Baby Mexx to return a hat and socks I got. Apparently they were on clearance, so I got $10 off whatever I wanted in the store. I would have liked something for $12-$15. Nothing in that store is that price. Nothing. Maybe a pair of socks, but it seemed like a stupid waste to get a pair of baby socks for ten stinking bucks. But, wait! All of their infant clothes are 40% off! Maybe I can shop at Mexx after all!!

So I got Bella an outfit. With my $10 discount, and 40% off, I still spent almost $30. Can you believe that?! It's infant clothes!!! Made by infants in China! Where does the price come from? The fancy ribbon tag attached not with those plastic thingies, but by actual thread, and a little plastic clip, that also says Mexx? It's not like they're spending a lot of money in the real estate. The store is so tiny you can't flipping move in there. I hate children's stores that don't take into account that the people who shop there are mothers with STROLLERS! Morons. Anyway, where does the money go? I don't know.

But look at her. Could she be any cuter? Is that not the prettiest outfit you've ever seen? It may be, until I post pictures of her from Shawn's wedding (I'm working up to this, I look huge in all of them) and then her Christmas dress. Which I got at Children's place, along with a matching hat and panties, and a pretty pair of fleece pants for the same price. And the dress is to die for. I already have clippies to match. Anyway, this is our first and last outfit from Mexx. Stupid Mexx.


I woke her up to take this. I'm a jerk, and it looks like she may know it.


Look at the cuffs on the little knit pants! And how perfectly her little moccasins match. Seriously, I could also rant about people who treat their kids like accessories, but man, having a little girl is like being a little girl again yourself. Playing dress up and dollies all at once. I adore being her mom for more reasons than all the baby clothes, but it's hard not to love the clothes.


I had to enlist Peter to make her smile. She's such a little Daddy's Girl. Don't you just want to eat her?! Or take her to a little ski chalet and snuggle her in front of a fire? Man. I can't tell you how much I love this little girl.

Oh, and if you haven't had enough, there's another photo on Bella's Blog.

6 Response to "You know what else is stupid? Baby Mexx."

  1. Cindi Says:

    I can't wait to post pics of my kids in their Christmas outfits! I managed to find them coordinating outfits!! I love that little outfit you got! Make me miss having a baby girl! Everything Chloe fits now is so grown up that it isn't really cutesie anymore!

  2. Shirley Says:

    She is SO beautiful!

  3. footsack Says:

    She was very adorable in her new outfit!

  4. Kathy Says:

    So cute!!! I just want to come over and cuddle her!! She looks so adorable :)

  5. Unknown Says:

    Oh my gosh, what a ripoff! But she does look super cute!

  6. www.pinkbears.ca Says:

    Awww... I love Baby Mexx! We don't have a lot of baby stores where we live, so it's one of our only options. I NEVER buy things full price though, only on sale! :)