Happy Thanksgiving Again!

11.26.2009 11:27 AM 11 2009 Melanie
Food makes me happy. Not just eating it, though that's lovely too. I love an excuse to try cooking something new. And loved having a reason to go to Whole Foods again yesterday. Today is American Thanksgiving. And, as I am married to an American, we do the feast twice a year. Since we had the big traditional feast on our Thanksgiving, I try and make his a little different, while not deviating too far from what should be on the table on Thanksgiving day.

Tonight's Menu:
Appetizer: Mini Crab Cake on a Bed of Spring Greens, Chipotle Garlic Aoli

Main: Roasted Guinea Hen with Fig Balsamic Glaze
Wild Mushroom and Cranberry Stuffing
Autumn Baby Ravioli in a White Wine Butter Sauce
Medley of Spiced Roasted Root Vegetables

Dessert: Pumpkin Pie with Spiced Vanilla Whipped Cream and Spiked Egg Nog Hot Chocolate

All served of course, with a very nice bottle of red wine. And before you think me too ambitious, I'm doing it all without a babysitter for Bella. But I'm totally buying the pie, and you'll notice the word "roasted" a couple of times there. This menu was planned hoping that all I'll have to do with Bella is the pasta. Everything else will be prepped this afternoon while Peter is at home, and then tossed in the oven at the appropriate times. But according to my modified recipe, I need to baste that stupid hen every ten minutes. That should be a good time. Thank goodness for my infant carrier. I made soup the other night with Bella tucked into it. She was pretty okay with that, though she doesn't much like doing the dishes. Can't say I blame her. I'm getting nervous thinking about it. Wish me luck. If we can't carry it off, or I burn that hen, I'm calling for pizza and wings and we're watching football.

3 Response to "Happy Thanksgiving Again!"

  1. Melanie Says:

    Stupid Blogger screwing up my font sizes. Whatever. I have bigger fish to fry. Or hens to roast, or whatever.

  2. Sue Says:

    Have a great evening. wheter its hen's or pizza. Happy Thanksgiving!

  3. Unknown Says:

    Happy American Thanksgiving. I think two Thanksgivings would be fantastic. And that meal sounds fantastic, too! You always make these fancy Food Network sounding meals. I make food, and sure it tastes good, but I don't have names for it. It's "my pasta" or "my chicken". LOL