um...oh forget it, I've got nothing.

11.09.2009 4:01 PM 11 2009 Melanie
I finally posted to Bella's blog. Pictures and a video and everything. I know.

For all the time I have on my hands, I don't do a heck of a lot. Today I spent a lot of time and a little money at My Sweet Bowtique. Oh man. I could go crazy there. I already watched Top Chef, Peter goes back to work in a few minutes, and I'm alone here again. Maybe if Bella sleeps on her own a little I'll finish the laundry, or clean the kitchen. When Peter comes home, then we're watching Monday Night Football, and having pizza and wings. That'll be fun. I'll have to crochet all evening in order to stay awake, or maybe have a nap with Bella when he's gone.

Crocheting! I haven't posted about that yet. I have made a scarf semi-successfully (in that I'm not embarassed to wear it out) and am now working again on Bella's blanket. If you were on facebook you will know that I started a blanket and then realized a long way in, that I was screwing up over and over again and had to pull the whole thing out. I was depressed. So now I'm a little further than I was before, with no real critical errors. It's a dark red color and it's going to have a soft ivory trim, and I'm giving it to her for Christmas. This sounds so Martha Stewart and Good Housekeeping of me that it makes me almost as happy as the blanket itself. I love the idea of crocheting and knitting, and so I got my mom-in-law and sister-in-law to teach me when they were here and I've been going to town ever since. I don't know if I have enough time to get the blanket done. I'd like to make a matching hat too...hmm. The thing about crocheting,in my experience so far, is that it's really not much cheaper than buying what you make. Not if you get something nice anyway. I used some super-soft bamboo yarn for my scarf and it ended up being about 25 dollars. I was going to use it for hats for Bella so I didnt' mind spending the extra, but then I couldn't make the hat, and tried a scarf and needed WAY more yarn, which was no longer on sale. Oh well. The blanket in the end, if I don't run out of yarn, should run me about $15 though. So that'll be okay. I love doing it though. I love having something for Bella that I made for her under the tree.

I'm still waffling about Shawn's wedding and have decided that I will make no decision until I talk to the doctor on Thursday. We'll see. I also may break my promise to not look things up online that pertain to Bella and do some research of my own. Peter is afraid this will scare me into further hibernation, and he may be right, but I think I need to know more...

Okay, this is all I got. I don't know what the title is and my stinking video for Bella's blog is still loading, so if you're reading this immediately after I wrote it, then maybe don't go check quite yet. Looks like it may be a moment.

EDIT: No video, it wouldn't load in an hour, and I got tired of waiting. It wasn't that good anyway.

3 Response to "um...oh forget it, I've got nothing."

  1. Christine Says:

    I find that knitting and crochet does cost more unless you use real cheap stuff and that just makes for a cheap item. I have a lot of stuff to do and really should get to it as Christmas is coming and the baby girls are growing like weeds.

  2. Kathy Says:

    I tried crocheting and it didn't really work. I tired watching online videos, but I have to stay I never got the hang of it :(

    Hope the blanket turns out :

  3. Unknown Says:

    I'd like to crochet or knit one of these times! I love little handmade things like that. I bugged my mom for a long time because she crocheted Keegan a baby blanket, and I didn't get one, so she said that she would when I moved out on my own. She did! It's so big (she put so much time and effort into it!) and it has the tassels on the end! And it's just my favorite blanket, And I love blankets, let me tell you. I hope your blanket turns out!