5 Good Things

11.04.2009 9:38 PM 11 2009 Melanie
So my posts so far have been a little angry or depressing so I'm going to post something good.They say (whoever they are) that before you go to bed you should think of five good things about your life, or about that day, and five good things about your spouse, and you'll live a much better life. I think "they" might have been Oprah, now that I think of it, but hey, can't hurt.

1. Today I was told that I can again reduce Bella's steroid dose. I prayed that we'd be off steroids by Christmas, it was what I wanted under the tree. Empty steroid bottles and no refills on the prescriptions. We'll be done by December 23, so I get my wish!! This made me so happy that I cried in the hospital Starbucks today.

2. I cooked with parsnips for the first time yesterday and they were wonderful!! Actually the second time, the first time I cubed them, threw them in the oven to roast and forgot about them. This time I made them into soup with some potatoes and white asparagus. I blended it all with my immersion wand blender thingy and it made delicious white soup. I love that blender more than anything in my kitchen, except for the mug Peter got me about a month after we met, when he randomly pulled my name for a Christmas gift exchange. We weren't even friends then really. Aww. That's a good thing in itself. I love that mug.

3. My mom came with me to Vancouver today and Bella barely cried all day, despite being crammed in her carseat for the better part of 12 hours. She was an angel. I love having my mom around when things are going on, it just makes things easier to take.

4. I got to go to Whole Foods today and have lunch and pick up some things for a little bit of birthday dinner for Peter tomorrow. I love Whole Foods. It's like Mecca for me.

5. Tomorrow is Peter's birthday. I met him exactly five years ago and have loved every minute since. I can't believe he's mine, and that we have this beautiful baby girl that's a part of us. No matter how crappy things can be with screaming medicine times, and scary trips to the doctors and the hospital, I wouldn't trade our life for anyone else's. I wish we lived near Whole Foods though.

6. (Because I was always a bit of an overachiever). Just a few minutes ago when trying to get my Whole Foods purchases into the house, the funniest thing happened. I pulled my 85% recycled eco friendly paper bag out from the trunk and the bottom fell out spreading onto my driveway a container of olives, a pumpkin cranberry loaf and a ball of real mozzarella, in the container with that weird watery stuff that's in there. I found eveything but the mozza, which I accidentally kicked while looking for it, sending my mozza ball rolling onto the driveway and the watery stuff spilling everywhere. I laughed like crazy and didn't know what to do so I stuffed it back in the plastic tub, gathered it up and carried it to the door where I proceeded to drop it again while searching for my house keys and sending it rolling across my step, bouncing off and down the walk a little. My mom and I laughed so hard at the sight of my $8.50 mozza bouncing away that we nearly fell over and peed ourselved. You should have seen it. Funniest thing that happened to me all day.

7 Response to "5 Good Things"

  1. Becky Says:

    You buy weird stuff. But I want to come over and eat it. Not the mozza that rolled all over the place though....

  2. Melanie Says:

    I do buy weird stuff. I like to figure out how to cook it. My next one will be a whole fresh artichoke and a celery root. Celery root looks like something a troll would eat - so weird....

  3. Cindi Says:

    Merry Christmas!!! That is SO beyond exciting! I almost cried when I thought of how you must be feeling!!!

  4. Christine Says:

    Parsnips make you pee! Hahahahaa

  5. Melanie Says:

    they do?!?!

  6. Margaret Says:

    LOL @ Chris. Is that true? Parsnips make you pee?

    I am so happy that you will be done with Bella's steroids by Christmas. that is good news.

  7. footsack Says:

    aww....I'm so glad I could come with you too! I love every minute I get to spend with you both!! Bella really helps :)
    I don't remember when last I laughed so hard.