Too Busy To Write

11.05.2009 6:00 PM 11 2009 Melanie
I'm also too busy to figure out something interesting to say. I have to leave to fetch Peter from work in approx 2 hours and 45 minutes. In that time I have to clean my kitchen and bedroom, and make the following menu:
~Real bruschetta with my driveway mozza, tomatoes, balsamic and some stupid basil paste I have to use because SaveOn was out of real basil. Argh. If I had gone to Whole Foods this never would have happened. Why didn't I buy basil yesterday?!
~Breaded shrimp things and some sort of sauce to dip them in.
~Stuffed mushrooms (these I bought, didn't make them, so I just have to fire them in the oven.)
~A bunch of little crostinis to put cheese and stuff on.
~A cheese and meat and olive platter
~A platter for our fancy goat cheese that I bought. Goodness, we eat a lot of cheese!
~Proscuitto wrapped asparagus

I also need to wrap two birthday presents, write in two cards and occasionally nurse and change the baby. Also, after picking up Peter, at 9pm no less, I need to go to the store and get a good bottle of wine, and some firewood. I was going to do it now but it is POURING rain and I couldn't take Bella in and out of the car that many times without risking her getting sick.
I'm tired just thinking about it. And there goes Bella. Gotta run.

Yes, I'm going to use the driveway mozza. Don't you wish I was making dinner for your birthday?

5 Response to "Too Busy To Write"

  1. Margaret Says:

    I would still eat at your house any day, driveway mozza or not.

  2. Becky Says:

    LOL. I was going to write, "You're USING that????" But you answered my question for me.

  3. Unknown Says:

    So... May 28th. My birthday. I don't mind driveway mozza. Or even cheddar. *hint hint*

    Just kidding. But that all sounds delicious! Yumyumyummo! Good luck, I'm sure it'll all turn out great!!

  4. Melanie Says:

    I was typing thinking, remember to say at the end about the driveway mozza. Becky will need to know.

    Heck yes I used it. I washed it off, picked some gravel off it and we ate it. I paid $8.50 for it!!

  5. Kathy Says:

    A little dirt never hurt no one. Sounds like you make quite the meals :D Hope Peter had a good birthday!